GROWING UP BIG FOOT

Howdy mates!!!! Over the past week, I found myself brainstorming on what to write next for this blog. Honestly, blogging the way I do (writing articles) can be much of a work at times. Some days, I just sit in front of my screen, staring blankly, with no idea on what exactly to write about. Other days, I could have numerous ideas floating in my head, sometimes, I’m lucky enough to get most of them down and fleshed up, other times, I get to just a couple and the rest fly away or just don’t seem as interesting as the initial thought. Today’s post is several years old but it still rings true and possesses the same initial vibe it had. And, guess what? It is not as particularly serious as my last couple of posts have been--just something on a lighter note.


I currently stand somewhere between  5ft 9’ and 5ft 10’ and by NBA standards, I’m nothing near tall (probably been seeing too many NBA games of recent). Away from the giants and back to the real world, I’m somewhere above average height (for a girl, though *sigh*). For a guy though, I guess I will be  just average or slightly above it. That being said, one thing many tall people relate easily with is having feet corresponding with their height--AKA really huge feet--and that’s not to say few not-so-tall people don’t have similar issues. At the age of 11/12 I was a size 40 and you guessed right, I have gone a couple sizes up between then and now but thankfully not as fast. I’ve always found shoe shopping (online or offline) annoying to the extent it’s more like I’m a hunter going after the shoes in my mind. Moving from one stall to another in search of shoes only to be welcomed with my size being unavailable can be a bummer and a bit depressing (and no, I haven’t thought of chopping my toes or something…LOL). It’s even worse when:

It’s one of the numerous things you are searching the market for or…
…when you have someone tagging making faces or breathing down your neck as if it would make your feet go down a size or two.
   So, today I bring you my struggle as a big foot and some struggles that fellow big foot of any color, gender or size can definitely relate with.
NB: by big I mean anything from 41 and 44 upwards (females and males respectively)

The horror called shoe shopping: as I noted earlier it’s more of a hunt. We have to be mentally prepped to walk the whole length of the market before finding something that may be appealing. And it’s all the worse when the heat is blazing or it’s a super dusty day—street snacks would come in handy too.


Finding  a shoe you fancy but your foot can’t fit in.


Looking for a certain color: most times, we have colors in mind to buy but after walking into over 5 stalls and not finding any that makes the cut, we’d have to settle for less in spite of ourselves.

When you find that one shoe that fits and you love…

…and then you don’t let go off it until it’s beyond repairs.

And then you consider just getting sneakers cos they’d always fit…and if you are a dude, you really have nowhere to run.


Heels, platforms and wedges (basically anything off the ground) are ΓΌber difficult to get…


… at some point you consider getting a custom shoe maker and then you see it doesn’t come cheap.


You can’t help but wish your feet were a size or two smaller after an unsuccessful or semi-successful hunt.


When you find that one person whose feet are bigger (you be like: mine isn’t that bad afterall).


You reckon that the world hates your kind since they don’t readily consider your feet.


When your mind makes you feel your feet are getting a bit bigger.

*me looking at my feet like*

Getting to be the butt of shoe jokes.


But in the end you have to live with it and love it. There are few people (maybe) in that community.


One big foot,
'Mina.


Comments

  1. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  2. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚❤️
    This made my day .

    I literally be over here suffering from the exact oppositeπŸ˜‚ , my feet are so tiny I could share shoes with my baby brother ; he’s 12.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, the ironyπŸ˜…!
      Glad you liked it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW : VIOLENCE BY FESTUS IYAYI