Food story

  It is a known fact by people round me that I am quite a foodie. So, I wrote a poem to embrace my inner "foodieness".

When I see him, my head rises like a frying donut immediately
I see him and I become 'jellified' instantly
Our friendship like water is well accepted
And our feelings God-blessed
His words are as sweet as sugar
His appearance attracts me like an insect to nectar
Even though our journey has been tough like my hair
We won't give room to our worst fears
His skin as smooth as an apple's
Our fear for God very ample
His smile is like cool breeze when it is sunny
His gaze as delightful as honey
Tough, we’ve been through terrible times
But our friendship still remains food tied

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW : VIOLENCE BY FESTUS IYAYI

GROWING UP BIG FOOT