THE LUNACY OF LAGOS


 Lagos is well known as one of the most populous cities in Nigeria and is definitely one of the top 20 mega-cities in the world. Taking into account the increasing population of Lagos, the city is bound to have some crazies. I don't necessarily mean actual crazy but i believe you'd get a hang of what i mean as i continue this series. I was born in Lagos and no matter how much I may have been conditioned to love Lagos, there are certain days all I want to scream is "I HATE LAGOS". Trust me, Lagos is as much fun as it is annoying or is it the other way round? Anyways, this series is just me writing about my experience in Lagos, past and present and Lagos on a whole. I earnestly hope you enjoy this recurring feature on here.

DISCLAIMER: This is essentially just for the kicks but it's needless to say that the articles for this new feature would hold mostly truth no matter how much i try to make light of things.

   Now that the intro is over, I guess you deserve some of my history with Lagos, right? *knits brows*. As i stated earlier, i was born and have lived a major part--all actually-- of my life in Lagos, all education in Lagos so far too (I imagine you tagging me as a Lagos child just about now, no problem). So yeah, for the near two decades of me, I have been opportune to reside in the centre of Lagos (the mainland) as well as one of the ends of Lagos (a border town) and virtually all I'd be saying writing would be from the perspective of staying in those places and environments. Some of the articles would cover varying aspects of living in and moving within Lagos from the transport, road networks, people to the legendary traffic in various places in Lagos.
   I hope you get to enjoy this feature as soon as the posts start going up. Once again, this is just for the kicks and everything written would be from my POV. Feel free to share your own views or whatnot with me in the comments section. Looking forward to a lasting feature.

Cheers,
'Mina.

P.S: this feature has been coming for the past one year and I've finally come around to publishing it regardless various clogs in my wheel.

Comments

  1. We all have one or two things to say about Lagos, but j guess it's that "craziness" that makes Lagos what it is.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW : VIOLENCE BY FESTUS IYAYI

GROWING UP BIG FOOT