THOUGHTS FOR THE NEW YEAR

Allow me let you in on a little secret. Most of the time I get ready to write a piece, I usually have the idea right before I start. On some great days, I get the idea hours before I put he piece together. And yet, at other times, I just start with a potential idea and will it to make sense. On special (odd) days; ideas linger in my head for days and maybe weeks before I truly can find the words to express them to the fullest. This piece you are about to read was born of these enduring, unshaken ideas.

I remember writing about my word for 2020 really early last year; how it would pay to move with all form of intention in the course of the year. The idea of being intentional was just it for me. Just like this article, the opening post for 2020 was born of an enduring idea. It felt as if the word was playing in a loop in my head; going on for days.


Here I am again (in November), not consciously thinking about but having thoughts of 2021 popping in my head ever so often. I am sure many did not expect 2020 to turn out as it did but then, I am sure that living with intent yielded something for as many that lived with intent for a part of the year. Even though I faltered at some point (cos lockdown took its toll), being intentional definitely yielded for a good part of the year.

After stringing you along for this far, it is fair that I unravel this new enduring idea that stayed with me long enough for me to get writing. The word? CLARITY. It may not seem like one of the thoughts that consciously makes it to the fore of our minds. It sounds like something that we all tend to overlook or not give as much attention as it actually deserves.

Get clarity, it is important! I am not solely speaking of crystal clear thoughts e’ry day—that counts but, it is beyond this. I would like to think that clarity and being intentional work in tandem. Can one really be intentional about that which is unclear?

Certainly 2020 butchered some of our plans and we are looking forward to getting most things back on track. And this, calls for clarity. The previous year would have seen some plans once crystal become muddied or some part of our vision blurred. Getting back on track would need a dose of restrategizing as things aren’t as they once were. Hence the need for clarity.

Although clarity is not everything-everything, it is vital. Having a plan differs from having a clear plan. Even as we would like to think that clarity would be gotten as we go, it is better when gotten from the start in good—not necessarily full—measure. Who knows? Waiting for clarity as we go might just leave us more befuddled.

We can’t have it all figured from the start, there would always be unknowns but, having a clear view of your destination or goal (a definiteness of purpose) would help us figure things out as we go.


Hoping you get clarity,

Mina.

Cheers to a New Year!! Hoping we all live through this year with less uncertainty and more direction. What are you plans and intentions for 2021?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW : VIOLENCE BY FESTUS IYAYI

GROWING UP BIG FOOT