WEIRD-ISH 3: Monday motivation

We made it!!!! This marks the end of the WEIRD-ISH series. It has been fun all the way and I'm hoping you didn't find my thoughts too weird *winks*. Remember I said LIGHTNING (the first installment in this series) was probably my weirdest write up in this series. Well, I thought so until I saw this that you are about reading. I honestly can't say what was going on in my head when I was writing this. I doubt I had any specific thing in mind, I just wrote and this was born. Anyways, enjoy the read.
PS: it's rather short.


   Gone are the days of doing things just because of people. People's opinions don't sting any longer, what matters is I'm happy and not going against God's will. I don't need to be motivated to do what I ought to do or do better at certain things. Self motivation is all that's needed, trying to break the previous records I've set. A sense of purpose motivates me, the knowledge/hope of a better future spurs me, not the achievements of my peers. Besides, we all are running different races, comparison isn't needed.
   A feeling of purpose, knowing that there's somewhere I fit into makes me strive to be better. Being aware that I can have some impact in my "small space" with my "small gifts" is enough gas in my tank to make me reach for more. Reach for something better. Reach for something more rewarding. Reach out beyond my comfort zone. Knowing that my little acts, words and character on a whole can influence and transform people around me is enough reason to be motivated.

Find your motivation,
'Mina.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW : VIOLENCE BY FESTUS IYAYI

GROWING UP BIG FOOT