A SUBTLE REMINDER

Hello people!!! I don't recall posting any politics related thing before but I'm making a necessary exception today. I'm surrounded by too many political minded people to not be interested in what's going on in politics and that is the main reason for my post today. If i won't talk about politics, i readily would write about it and in the best form that i can.
I may not be sure how much i care about politics but i know i care, even if it's just a bit. I'm the kind of person that doesn't mind listening to political commentaries or watch politics-affiliated shows. I however don't readily like to talk about politics, there's just too much emotions involved--at least in the political space called Nigeria. From how things are to how they ought to be, the empty promises accompanied by regrets on some voters’ part and every other thing involved, there's more than enough to rile me up.
 
   If you are in Nigeria or a concerned Nigerian outside of Nigeria or someone interested in Nigeria, you would know for sure that we have some serious general elections coming up as from the month of February. I can’t help but notice how the whole scene has got it looking like there are just two contenders for the presidency (and most states) in this election. This may not be my best post on this blog so far but, I guess we would all have to live with it.

   Unfortunately, I don’t have my voters’ card as the process of getting one is not all that flexible but I believe my opinions are still valid. The only advice I have for everyone, young or old that would be participating in the upcoming electoral process is to vote wisely. Leave sentiments aside, leave tribe aside, leave religion aside and just vote in good conscience.
   Vote because it’s your right and might just be one of the keys to getting things right in this country. Vote for people based on merit, based on what they can offer. Vote based on the content, worth and credibility of the candidate not because he/she belongs to a “power party” or certain people "behind" them. I charge everyone with a voters’ card to not just use it as a means of identification but as a tool for the change that many of us desire. See every candidate as bottles with swapped labels (the labels being the parties and the content of the bottle being the candidate him/herself), you have to have the guts to sample or test the content of the bottle to know if it really is something you want to be a part of. As “mislabelled” items often are, you don’t know the truth until the false label is ripped.
   Final words, don’t go to the polling booth with the notion that voting for a not-so-mega party would amount to nothing, therefore you have to divert your vote to where they’re believed to count. We all are entitled to our opinions and are responsible for each and every action we take. You believe in a candidate’s potential, vote for that candidate without being influenced by the ideas or opinions of others especially when they are based on sentiments and not reality or concrete facts. In the end, a majority of the populace look forward to our votes counting and the country forging ahead.

Stick to your guts,
Vote wisely.
Let our votes count.

‘Mina.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW : VIOLENCE BY FESTUS IYAYI

GROWING UP BIG FOOT