THE GRATITUDE SERIES '20: DAY 5

GREAT READS



It is certainly no news that I am a lover of books. Regardless how much I love books, I don’t get to read as many as I would love to in the course of a regular year. But then, the year has hardly been regular.

I usually go jumping from book to book in 2 pockets of the year—during breaks. The events of the year resulted in more downtime than usual. More downtime = more reading time.

I cannot say precisely how many books I have read this year, I did not keep count, but I know I have read a great deal. I am grateful for that. Thankful for the opportunity to dive into different worlds. Thankful for the wisdom hidden in books, and books that have gone to show that I have been on to something all this while.

Some books have been pure gems, reinforcing truths, broadening my mind and invariably causing me to think in extra doses. Some books have inspired articles, conversations and everything between.

It has been a swell reading ride this year. And even though I still have reading lists inside reading lists, I am delighted to have read most of the books I did this year.


From an ink drinker,

‘Mina.

How has your reading gone this year? What are you grateful for?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW : VIOLENCE BY FESTUS IYAYI

GROWING UP BIG FOOT