COUNTING 'EM BLESSING: DAY 6

Day 6: Books (good ones to be precise)

I probably would be overflogging it if i mention how much of a book person i am well, too late. I just did. I'm grateful for good books in whatever form that come, paperback, hardback, no back (softcopy) or something that has passed through different hands, as long as the prints are clear, and there are no missing pages, I'm game.



For the alternate universes I've been thrust into over the years,
For the characters I've come to know and love.
And those that have become part of me,
For the variety of emotions that you've introduced me too,
Trust me I am grateful.

For the unexpected twists,
The suspenseful moments,
Times when you left me turning your pages like a hungry bookworm (pun intended)
For the beauty within you that I have come to appreciate
Trust me I am grateful.

For the truths,
For painting things for what they really are.
For the knowledge you hold,
For telling stories that some would rather not,
Trust me I am grateful.

For ensuring I fell in love with words,
For the sweet musty smell you sometimes hold,
For the thousands of pages I've thumbed through
And the ones still to come,
Trust me, I'm grateful.

For Patterson, Adichie, Grisham, Uncle Achebe, Sheldon, Roberts and the millions of wordsmiths (renowned and upcoming, big times and small times) out there,
For those that explore the grounds of poetry,
For the "awesomest" playwrights
And for good adaptations of books,
my heart is full of gratitude.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW : VIOLENCE BY FESTUS IYAYI

GROWING UP BIG FOOT