DOWN MEMORY LANE

  I added another year a couple weeks back and that brought the realization that I've had this space (the blog) for about 4 years now, even though it doesn't feel like that much time has actually flown. It has been four years of posting, disappearing for months and then resurfacing. Four years of discovery, writing to my heart's content, airing my views and invariably exploring new sides of blogging and me. In view of all this, I'd be sharing my BLOG STORY, a peek into the whole journey, my expectations and all that.


WHY DID I START A BLOG??


   I read quite a number of blogs and as far as I remember, most bloggers seem to have started for a particular reason. Take for example; a fashion blogger looking to air fashion opinions or a writer seeking a platform for literature and likes. For me though, I never really had an idea of what I was starting a blog for, all I knew was I could create one easily--so why not? It took me months to actually start making posts on the blog--even after I had created it-- being that I started it just because I knew how to. As I could not figure what exactly to post (as in a niche), I decided to run along with random stuff. The first set of posts I did were facts that I got off the internet and subsequently, I made some posts about phobias and what they actually did mean, also gotten from the web. At some point, I began seeing the blog as boring due to the fact that it was the same kind of thing I put up there (or here) all the time and all of that could easily be gotten elsewhere.
   Prior to having the blog, I occasionally wrote poetry--more like whenever I felt inspired to. Getting a blog then felt like a good opportunity to put my work out there. When I started getting tired of the facts and phobias, I began to intercept them with original poetry and it remained like that for quite a while. From whimsy poetry, to the specially written ones, some with a dash or two of humor, some with personal elements, I posted originals on here from time to time.
   Then, I became enthused with airing my opinions-- in 2015-- so, i started writing reviews of books i read to keep the blog running. Poetry and short stories still went up on the blog from time to time and my writing skills were improving. Moving forward, i needed a break as things just didn't feel really right with the blog and i needed time to ponder and restrategize. I took a hiatus late 2015 to return at a latter time that ended up being 2017 (i took a year off). As comeback, I thought it good to brand the blog as a literature based one being that i have a thing for literature but that didn't go as I thought it would. Then, there was a couple months break during which i discovered that my style of blogging/writing cannot be streamlined in the true sense of things. I gave the blog another rebrand and things have being going kind of well since then (save for the times i stay away because of school).

MY EXPECTATIONS
   As i said earlier, I started this blog for no specific reason so, you should expect that i didn't initially have that many expectations or ambitions for the blog. With time and experiences, expectations have been popping up. One of such is, to be able to churn out posts for y'all at a constant rate and that, I've not really succeeded in doing--sadly so. Another is to have constant readers on the blog-- we sure are getting there. I most definitely would love to be more open about my blog in the sense that I'd have no reluctance mentioning that I run a little space on the internet. I would like to direct people here via links on social media platforms, forums and ultimately have materials good enough to keep the  readers hooked and yearning for more. All in all, i hold hopes of this space being recognized and be relatable by more than a number in the nearest future.

IN REALITY
It has not been bad an experiene and considering where i started and how the blog was then, there sure have been some improvements. From my poetry to normal articles and expressing myself on a whole, there seems to be some difference. The blog is definitely maturing as I am. The materials are getting better (putting my quite numerous hiatus aside) and I'm learning and incorporating neww tips and hacks from time to time.
   Conclusively, I'm not a fan of backing down which is why i kept on shaking things up just to put this blog back on track on various occasions over the years. It's been fun writing and having a lil space someplace on the internet. Cheers to four years of learning and  blogging, and better years to come.

To better years,
'Mina

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW : VIOLENCE BY FESTUS IYAYI

GROWING UP BIG FOOT